incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From eric b <eric.bach...@free.fr>
Subject Re: old colored vs new monochrome icons
Date Thu, 22 Dec 2011 18:13:13 GMT
Hi Dennis,

Le 22 déc. 11 à 19:03, Dennis E. Hamilton a écrit :

> That is no help for simply wanting to see what the icons look like.
> I see a file with an incredible number of icons in it and I don't
> want to have to decode a patch to figure out what is happening.  I
> just want to know what the intended result is.

The backing window is the first window you see, proposing to open
either one document or create another... and so on. It's background
(gradient) is in fact constitued by several icons associated (yes,
strange, but true). For further information, I suggest you can have a
look in framework/source/services/backingwindow.{hxx|cxx}.

The later was using uncolored icons, and Ariel reverted to the
previous one. A great idea, I think, because average users will
recognize OpenOffice.org colors !

> What is an easy way for us all to be on the same page with regard
> to the result without being plugged into the code base?

Well, some parts are hardcoded, and cannot be modified without a good
knowledge of the sources, for instance : framework

Regards,
Eric

--
qɔᴉɹə