incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: Rationalizing two OpenOffice websites
Date Sun, 11 Dec 2011 17:57:18 GMT

On Dec 11, 2011, at 8:48 AM, Rob Weir wrote:

> On Sun, Dec 11, 2011 at 11:41 AM, Dave Fisher <dave2wave@comcast.net> wrote:

>>> Done some days ago in revision 1212124, but it doesn't show up on the live instance.
And actually I can't see the previous commit by you either (revision 1203948), so I'm probably
looking at the wrong pages or I didn't trigger some update procedure.

>>> My revision 1212124 modified the SVN file
>>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/ooo/ooo-site/trunk/content/it/doc/manuali/index.html
>>> and I expected the new guide ("Guida al DataPilot") to appear in
>>> http://ooo-site.apache.org/it/doc/manuali/index.html
>>>
>>> Similarly, Pedro's revision 1203948 modified
>>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/ooo/ooo-site/trunk/content/it/contribuire/legale.html
>>> but I don't see the change (Protezione dei Dati su Apache OpenOffice) at
>>> http://ooo-site.apache.org/it/contribuire/legale.html
>>>
>>> Should I use a different URL?
>>
>> Try http://ooo-site.staging.apache.org/
>>
>> The publish step has not been applied. It is going to be huge and we need to co-ordinate
w/Infrastructure. I expected to get to wrapping last week. I plan some work today. Depending
on that someone should co-ordinate the publish step for ooo-site with Infrastructure.

> So publishing then moves it from staging to ooo-site.apache.org.    At
> the same time can we direct www.openoffice.org there?  Or is other
> work needed before we take that step?

Depends on when we publish. Here are some of the tasks required before changing the DNS.

(1) Finish the wrapping. I am adding breadcrumbs, topnav, folder specific topnav and adjusting
the footer as best I can tell from LEGAL-104.

(2) Make sure that Trademarks and Dennis don't have any issues with license notices and copyright.

(3) Make sure that the subdomain redirections are ready for the migration.

(4) Make sure that the places where a podling page takes precedence land on a proper page
- contribute / participate changes.

We might debate (4) as a prerequisite, (1), (2) and (3) are definite.

Regards,
Dave