incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: Rationalizing two OpenOffice websites
Date Sun, 11 Dec 2011 23:15:06 GMT

On Dec 11, 2011, at 2:09 PM, Rob Weir wrote:

> On Sun, Dec 11, 2011 at 4:04 PM, Dave Fisher <dave2wave@comcast.net> wrote:
>
> <snip>
>

>> I've already answered. I've been very clear. Nothing has stopped others from working
on ooo-site.

> I apologize if I was not clear.  I'm not interested in editing
> ooo-site.apache.org.

And I happen to think that this is absolute nonsense. ooo-site will be www.openoffice.org
when the time comes. Waiting is a bogus excuse.

>  I'm interested in editing www.openoffice.org,
> the site that users actually visit.  I assume that is what most people
> want to edit.
>
> The fact that the PMC does not have the ability currently to update
> the website is a problem.  I realize that this is not a problem that
> you created.  I also know that you are trying to address this.  We all
> appreciate that.  But you are one person only, and you appear to be
> the bottleneck.  That is not a personal attack.  It is an observation.

I reject that I am a bottleneck. You only think I'm a bottleneck. I've provided documentation.
Many others have edited ooo-site. Do you require a list of committers?

> If you think this work will take much more time (say more than 2 weeks
> more) then you would do us all a great favor and help the project
> immensely if you could write up a plan for the remaining work, break
> it down into remaining tasks, and ask for help with the remaining
> tasks, so we can move this forward faster.

I was planning on doing most of the work later today.

> And again, I'm looking for the minimum technical work needed to go
> live.  Updating the "why" page or the "contributor" page or any other
> existing content should not hold us back from going live.

Updating these pages does not need to wait. It doesn't matter and I'm not saying it is contingent.
There is no reason to wait.

>> These incessant and accusatory emails are not encouraging me to finish.
>>

> I'm not accusing you of anything, David.  I'm encouraging you to
> release early and often and enable others to help. I hope that others
> on this project can have priorities that may differ from yours without
> you taking it as a personal attack.

You missed a number of hints. I asked to be left alone today to do the work. You never asked
how much time was needed.

What do you think I meant by the situation might differ tomorrow?

Regards,
Dave