incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From eric b <eric.bach...@free.fr>
Subject Re: OpenOffice.org on Wikipedias in various languages
Date Sun, 18 Dec 2011 21:34:31 GMT
Hi,

Le 18 déc. 11 à 11:51, FR web forum a écrit :

>> OK. Now I encourage you to check the following pages. It's fun and
>> very interesting to see what kind of "OpenOffice.org" logos they
>> use on their pages.
>> http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenOffice.org
>
> For french tongue, this page is kept to historical reasons.

This page contains a lot of imprecision, leading the average reader
to confusion.

What we should read is  :

Apache OpenOffice.org is the new name of OpenOffice.org, and
LibreOffice, is a fork.

People are welcome to participate to Apache OpenOffice.org : http://
incubator.apache.org/openofficeorg/source.html

No need to write more :-)

> Now, a new one has been created and named "Apache OpenOffice"
> http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/ApacheOpenOffice

No, create a new page not the solution, because people will think
OpenOffice.org is dead.

IMHO, the most simple thing to do is, say when people want to display
OpenOffice.org page, to redirect them to the new one, named "Apache
OpenOffice", obviously.

And the strong message to spread is  :  Apache OpenOffice IS  the new
name of OpenOffice.org

> If you feel that is wrong,

It is plain wrong, indeed.

> please tell me and I will contact the author.

Sorry, can you explain ?  I not sure to understand what you mean.

Eric Bachard

--
qɔᴉɹə
Blog : http://eric.bachard.org/news