incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: Rationalizing two OpenOffice websites
Date Sun, 11 Dec 2011 21:04:08 GMT

wrote:

> [...]
in the new site :).

it doesn't show up on the live instance. And actually I can't see the previous commit by you
either (revision 1203948), so I'm probably looking at the wrong pages or I didn't trigger
some update procedure.

to appear in

Dati su Apache OpenOffice) at

going to be huge and we need to co-ordinate w/Infrastructure. I expected to get to wrapping
last week. I plan some work today. Depending on that someone should co-ordinate the publish
step for ooo-site with Infrastructure.

   At
 Or is other

required before changing the DNS.

folder specific topnav and adjusting the footer as best I can tell from LEGAL-104.

issues with license notices and copyright.

precedence land on a proper page - contribute / participate changes.

are definite.

 But it

wait until tomorrow and the situation might differ.

http://incubator.apache.org/openofficeorg/website-local.html

>>> No one is looking to edit ooo-site purely for the sake of editing.
>>> They want to have it published where users will actually see it.
>>> Right now, if someone wants to edit the non-wiki portions of
>>> openoffice.org then they are bottlenecked.  Going live with your (and
>>> Kay's) great ooo-site work will eliminate that bottleneck.
>>
>> It a false bottleneck. Users will see changes, just not immediately. That could be
an advantage. It allows CTR before users see it.

> If "eventually" means we wait a month, then that is false CTR.
>
> I'm looking for enabling effective collaboration.  There is ton's of
> stuff one the website that is wrong now and has been wrong for nearly
> 6 months.  But we have no effective way of updating it.
>
>> Just this morning I suggested to Graham Lauder that the why.openoffice.org page needs
work. Why wait?

> Again, the ability to edit absent the ability to publish, is not going
> to encourage effective collaboration.
>
> Let's get to "release early and often" on the website.  Waiting months
> for the ability to publish is not healthy for the community.
>
> So what is the least that is required technically to make this live?
> We can deal with your and Dennis's 6 month long debate about terms of
> use later.

I've already answered. I've been very clear. Nothing has stopped others from working on ooo-site.

These incessant and accusatory emails are not encouraging me to finish.

Did you even notice that there is a reason to have caution related to the extensions and templates?

Please excuse me for being an individual who is not paid at all for working on this project.
Nothing about my current work duties has anything to do with OpenOffice. I have been using
the Apache CMS for a work project and have already solved what to do to support what I want
to do in the headers.

Why do you choose to spend today engaging in troll like behavior? Gone is an hour I could
have spent on OOo.

Regards,
Dave

>> Can we please pause this discussion so I actually feel like doing with OOo today?
>>
>> BTW - Note that the extensions and templates are a problem with migrating the domain.
This needs to be understood.