incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From eric b <eric.bach...@free.fr>
Subject Re: About Team OpenOffice.org
Date Wed, 21 Dec 2011 23:09:05 GMT
Hi Donald,

Le 20 déc. 11 à 19:39, Donald Harbison a écrit :

> Götz,
>
> Thank you very much for this information. We wish we had heard from
> you much sooner.
>
> Some additional comments and questions inline.
>
>> To 3:
>> Here is a quote from a kind user who is trying to help us to make
>> our case. I think this is a pretty good explanation of our
>> situation: "Oracle used to pay our salaries to work on
>> OpenOffice,org, but since Oracle turned OpenOffice.org over to the
>> Apache Foundation, it no longer pays us. We were primary
>> contributors to OpenOffice.org, we love it, and we want to be able
>> to work on it full-time. Unless a large company or government
>> hires us to do this (wink, wink, nudge, nudge), we are trying to
>> support ourselves via donations -- until we are ready to sell
>> service contracts. Donations to the Apache Foundation, while a
>> nice thing to do, can not be used for this purpose, so you will
>> need to donate to Team OpenOffice.org as a separate entity."
>> And collecting donations is something -- as you know -- Team
>> OpenOffice.org always did!
>

> Yes, but in the past the donations were disbursed for a different
> purpose,

Must be my english: could you explain "disbursed" please ?

> AFAIK; e.g. support to individuals to travel and attend
> OpenOffice.org conferences, education, etc.,

Do you travel for free ?  Reading you, looks like volunteers will
have to pay for attending events ...

To my knowledge, this money has been spent honestly, and IT was a
VERY GOOD thing. Ask to the students who received such help to attend
OOoCon, or any other event ...

Please confirm that I wrongly understood you :-)

Thanks in advance,
Eric Bachard

--
qɔᴉɹə