incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: A timeline for an Apache OO release
Date Sun, 18 Dec 2011 01:03:45 GMT

On Dec 17, 2011, at 7:54 PM, Marcus (OOo) wrote:

>>> first quarter of 2012 for a Version 3.4 release."
>>>
>>> I think I would prefer Apache OpenOffice v1.0
>>>

>> That would totally confuse most of the current users of OOo, I think. --Jean
>
> +1
>
> This would indeed lead to confusion which is not necessary. We have many new things like
Apache as new home. But the code is the same (even when we have to cleanup and rearrange some
things), so the version numbering should remain. It shows a continuity of the weill-established
software and not a new thing that appears from nowhere.

+1.

I've been preparing the migrated www.openoffice.org - I am about to commit breadcrumbs and
a top navigation plus the missing development and distribution projects.

Regards,
Dave