incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: Rationalizing two OpenOffice websites
Date Tue, 13 Dec 2011 02:46:20 GMT
BTW -

A footer change is now appearing on ooo-site.staging.apache.org/ !

The link to license.html is present. Someone please review and commit changes to ooo-site/trunk/content/license.html.
It needs work.

I'll get to the topnav and breadcrumbs later. No delays to migration from me.

Regards,
Dave

On Dec 12, 2011, at 4:58 PM, Rob Weir wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 12, 2011 at 6:42 PM, Dave Fisher <dave2wave@comcast.net> wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
>> It is worth repeating the three special redirection cases. Two are desired and one
I think makes sense to me, it probably deserves its own thread.

>> (1) redirect requests to security.openoffice.org to incubator.apache.org/openoffiorg/security/.
>>
>>        This means that we intend the setup as expressed on openoffice.org to be replaced.
>>

> Our current page is:  http://incubator.apache.org/openofficeorg/security.html
>
> So we don't have a security subdirectory on the incubator site.  We
> have a security.html file in the root.  Of course this can be changed,
> if needed to an index.mdtext in a subdir.  Let me know.
>

>> (2) redirect requests to contributing.openoffice,org to a specific page. This is
certainly the consensus.

> Was there consensus on what the destination would be?
>
> Was it:  http://incubator.apache.org/openofficeorg/get-involved.html ???
>
>> (3) redirect requests to qa.openoffice.org/issues/ to issues.apache.org/ooo/. This
has been requested to preserve BZ links.