incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Louis Suárez-Potts <lui...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: IP Clearance Milestone
Date Sun, 25 Dec 2011 02:19:23 GMT
Hi,

On 2011-12-24, at 05:23 , Ross Gardler wrote:

> Sorry Sally
>
> It's just a heads up about the potential issue of multi-lingual press
> releases from AOO. The first instance will be the milestone release in Q1
> 2012, so no rush.

Indeed. It's the end of the year, I have some time to catch up on emails, and that means:
think ahead!

> Looking further into the future there may be situations when a national
> group will want to do their own release.

Quite. And I would just nuance it: it's not about nations, which organize on the ground resources
to help users and contributors but about language, which in diaspora floats above political
boundaries, at least in theory, if not in fact. (In fact, it articulates empire.)

I would actually be rather interested to see if ASF would even look to this podling as an
experiment of sorts, that may be applied to other more or less similar projects. What would
be applied: the linguistic float and the PR process. Mind I do not wish to usurp Apache's
hierarchical structure; I see that as reasonable and logical.

cheers,
Louis