incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: Extensions and templates
Date Tue, 13 Dec 2011 01:55:46 GMT

On Dec 11, 2011, at 1:52 PM, Andrea Pescetti wrote:

> On 10/12/2011 Gavin McDonald wrote:
>>> From: Ross Gardler
>>> Can anyone state that we are legally able to take the
>>> Drupal code? ...
>> I checked, got  a very clear 'no problem, no issues, please take it'
>
> I assume this is enough for us to start looking at the code, even though I would appreciate
a public comment by Oracle about this.

> So you can count me in, my initial focus being on the following two issues:
>
> 1) On the existing site, find out what web services / servers in the openoffice.org infrastructure
we depend on for authenticating users, and check that authentication can go on even if the
main OOo site is migrated. This must be checked before the main OOo infrastructure is moved
to Apache. Shell access (or access to the site code anyway) would be best.

If authentication counts on a URL like openoffice.org then we can leave that IP behind at
Oracle. http://openoffice.org already redirects to www.openoffice.org. It would be good to
know because it effects DNS.

But we could specify all 137 website subdomains individually, and leave *.oo.o and oo.o pointing
as now.

Regards,
Dave

> 2) Once the site clone is ready, disconnect it from the single-sign-on and migrate all
accounts by notifying users properly.