incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: Where are we on the website migration, ooo-site -> openoffice.org?
Date Mon, 19 Dec 2011 16:40:04 GMT

On Dec 19, 2011, at 3:04 AM, Andrea Pescetti wrote:

> On 11/12/2011 Dave Fisher wrote:
>> On Dec 11, 2011, at 11:00 AM, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
>>> If the web services (or LDAP authentication, I don't know how it
>>> works internally) are not preserved, something will break for sure:
>>> Extensions, Templates, the (now defunct anyway) QATrack and I don't
>>> know what else.
>> Exactly what URL do the extensions and templates use for LDAP?
>
> I haven't got access yet, so I can't check it. I assume that URL is somewhere under openoffice.org
or kenai.com, but it is just an assumption.

The current ooo-site -> www.openoffice.org plan is to do a blanket redirect of *.openoffice.org
to www.openoffice.org/*

I think that we should consider keeping the extensions and templates independent. I think
we should adjust ooo-site.apache.org/extensions/index.html to be the extensions and templates
touch point. This will let us explain the developing extensions and templates situation AND
proceed with migration independently.

Regards,
Dave