incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: Lost localisation files?
Date Wed, 21 Dec 2011 18:43:00 GMT

On Dec 21, 2011, at 2:23 AM, Martin Hollmichel wrote:

> Hi,
>
> sorry for not answering earlier, was on vacation last week,
>
> I will try to put the old pootle server online again within the next days, so at least
the data shouldn't be lost, I keep you updated with the progress,

This is great!

In case you missed it, the ASF now has a Pootle server and I'm sure that there are several
people on this list who would help port the data over.

We aren't dropping existing NLC sites on openoffice.org - see ooo-site.apache.org, we certainly
want the full community to continue to make use of openoffice.org and as much of the infrastructure
as possible.

Donations to the ASF support a significant investment in infrastructure. The ASF does pay
for Infrastructure including employing individuals. You might want to adjust the messaging
from TOO about "developers" not being paid by the ASF. The ASF does not pay developers to
work on OpenSource Projects. It does pay for a few developers to work on Infrastructure. OOo
has required significant infrastructure not formerly supported including MediaWiki and Pootle.
The massive size of the OpenOffice.org website has brought improvements to the homegrown /
markdown based Apache CMS.

Regards,
Dave