incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: [WWW] Changeover is Close - Final Tasks!
Date Thu, 22 Dec 2011 20:41:40 GMT

On Dec 22, 2011, at 12:32 PM, Dennis E. Hamilton wrote:

> Now I'm even more confused.
>
> Will http://openoffice.org/projects/www/lists/ still find the list pages or will it redirect
to http://www.openoffice.org/projects/www/lists/ and 404, since ooo-site.apache.org/projects/www/lists/
has nothing there?

No it won't redirect. It only redirects at the first level.

http://www.openoffice.org/projects/www/lists/ does not exist at Kenai it gives a 404. Nothing
to worry about.

The pattern is http://openoffice.org/projects/FOO/lists/

Please try these urls in your browser before you speculate.

Regards,
Dave

> - Dennis

They will need to be removed, but I don't think that should stop us from migration.

> I do agree that we should make the old legacy visible on the new site. I've asked for
someone to look into /mail_list.html. Links to http://openoffice.org/projects/ and http://openoffice.org/projects/www/lists/.
would be welcome additions. CTR people!

> Regards,
> Dave
>

>>> ________________________________

that each of the OpenOffice.org projects (and NL projects) have:

>>> <http://openoffice.org/projects/www/lists>.
>>>
>>> If you have an OpenOffice.org login, you will see Subscribe and (if already subscribed)
Unsubscribe buttons for each list on that page.  Also, the archives are accessible from those
pages in a browser-friendly form.  This is how one can read the list using a browser and there
is even a way to post to the list via the web interface.

>>> While some people aren't aware that there is this one-stop arrangement and use
the e-mail means of controlling their subscription, others rely on this, including TJ for
administrative functions.

>>> This aspect of the mailing-list service will go away with the cut-over of the
web site.  There is no reminder or announcement about that.