incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: Help Docs & Proprietary Documentation
Date Fri, 02 Dec 2011 15:43:41 GMT
Hi Louis,

I found this email in my drafts today, and I want to ask for further clarification if you
can provide it.

On Nov 10, 2011, at 12:19 PM, Louis Suárez-Potts wrote:

> During the last year of OOo @ Oracle, a lot of rather good material
> was created to help/train users fresh (or forgetful) to OpenOffice.org
> and Oracle Open Office. This material as created by Oracle was
> proprietary: O owned it.
>
> So, my query. What has become of it? It has little value, as far as I
> can tell, for Oracle, at this point. But it would prove immensely
> useful for many constituting the OOo (now AOO, I'd guess) ecosystem.
> (Building that ecosystem was one of my primary tasks, and I like to
> think I did fairly well at it.)
>
> Does anyone know what happened to the material? And, if Apache now has
> it, can we license it or simply permit it for ecosystem use under the
> appropriate conditions and license? My preference would be to make all
> training and educational material free (in all senses) and to
> recuperate costs with actual services provided.

Where did this material get placed? Was it in Kenai or some other system? Can you give enough
information so that we can do a search of what we have? Filenames? Where was it located when
you left Oracle?

Best Regards,
Dave