incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@openoffice.org>
Subject Re: EN Forum Activity Summary
Date Fri, 30 Dec 2011 19:25:15 GMT
Rob Weir wrote:
> A question for you:  Are you getting any feedback on the 3.4 beta
> release?  Or are you only getting questions on the 3.3.0 release?

OpenOffice.org usually didn't put a lot of emphasis on beta releases, so
we (I mean, Italian lists, including the new one at Apache, and the
Italian forum) still receive comments and questions only on 3.3.0 or
older releases.

The target public for beta releases is usually power users, but those
that I know are able to file bugs in BugZilla themselves, and likely
already did so.

> If we just listened to posts here we'd get the impression
> that the only thing users care about is the color of the icons.

It's one of the few features that 100% of users notice...

> Is there any easy way to gather this kind of info from the forum members?

No, but getting back the TCM (manual testing) testcases and starting
some QA would surely help. At this point, however, it seems that OOo 3.4
beta (the LGPL one from April 2011) is not the best one to base a QA
session on.

Regards,
   Andrea.