incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From TJ Frazier <>
Subject Re: [www][announce] Beginning the Website DNS Migration in 1 Day
Date Thu, 29 Dec 2011 23:43:27 GMT
On 12/29/2011 18:26, kay.schenk wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 29, 2011 at 3:45 AM, TJ Frazier<>  wrote:
>> On 12/28/2011 23:50, Dave Fisher wrote:
>>> On Dec 28, 2011, at 7:19 PM, TJ Frazier wrote:
>> [snip]
>>   There's some more CSS trouble with the API:
>>> If I am following it properly this is due to background images that have
>>> the wrong color.
>>> See this css: /api/docs/common/ref/idl.css
>>> Look for subtitle. I would suggest we change to pure background colors.
>>> What color of red do you want and for which elements. It is easy to play by
>>> editing the css.
>>>   I'm only going by my poor old jelly-ware here. Had I been smarter, I
>> would have saved a few screenshots. If you can supply some magic numbers
>> for the /etc/hosts file ("Twang your magic twanger, Froggy!"), I'll take a
>> look at the old api.whatever and report more comprehensively. This may have
>> to do with anchors: the obscure title in my reference is the target of a
>> link at the top of the page. (The link works fine.)
>> As for looking at the CSS myself, that's beyond my fu at present. The
>> color scheme for API was unique, and IMHO could stand some improvement, but
>> it's got to /work/. AFAIK, the red was FFFF 0000 0000.
>> /tj/ (who is very tired of fumbling with things he doesn't understand, and
>> would like to get back to fumbling with things he does understand, but that
>> involves a lot of API look-up ...)
> Things look fine with the white only background on this now. But... from
> the api "home" page at
> I don't even see where this particular item is linked in. All the API docs
> seem to be on the wiki.
Please examine the second horizontal blue bar. It says, "Nested
Modules", in darker blue on lighter blue, if you can read it. The link
to it is the first words on about the third line of the page; that, too,
is not marked very clearly (as a link). IIRC, these were bolded when
they were links, but YMMV. /tj/

View raw message