incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@openoffice.org>
Subject Re: draft - Website migration(+) announcement - draft
Date Thu, 29 Dec 2011 20:21:28 GMT
On 29/12/2011 drew wrote:
> During this migration period community developers also made great
> progress with the application code. Ariel Constenla-Haile, one of the
> community developers, generated binary packages, suitable for early
> testing purposes, from the current Apache OpenOffice code repository.
> Available for download at http://people.apache.org/~arielch/packages

I wouldn't send out public announcements about Ariel's builds. The
interest is huge, and people might download them just out of curiosity
and damage their existing OpenOffice.org installation and extensions.
It's probably better to announce, at due time, development builds that
won't interfere with the installed version (and ideally, not even with
the user profile if the BerkeleyDB removal has implications on that).

Regards,
   Andrea.