incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Junge <peter.ju...@gmx.org>
Subject [OT] Re: Holiday Greetings...
Date Mon, 26 Dec 2011 00:52:46 GMT
On 12/26/2011 8:42 AM, Dave Fisher wrote:

> On Dec 25, 2011, at 4:24 PM, John Boyle wrote:
>
>> On 12/25/2011 11:42 AM, drew wrote:
>>> This has been quite a year for the extended community and communities of
>>> individuals formed since the decision to open source the original
>>> StarOffice application suite some 12 years ago. Then again the same
>>> could be said for the entire dozen years - and here is my meager attempt
>>> to capture that in 2 minutes...
>>>

>>> soHappyHoliday2011.mp4
>>>
>>> Merry Christmas
>>>
>>> ~~ Drew Jensen
>>>

>> To Dev: What is with this "HAPPY HOLIDAY" business? Christ IS a PROVEN HISTORICAL
PERSON, BY ATHEISTIC AND AGNOSTIC SCIENTISTS, Jewish Historians and even Muslim historians,
so you cannot argue he did not! SO WHY CAN'T THIS SEASON BE CALLED BY ITS HISTORIC NAME, *MERRY
CHRISTMAS and NOTHING LESS!!! I thought this list was about OOo and NOT something Politically
sickening!!!!!>:o *

> Can we just appreciate the good will of the season, please?!

<strong>+1</strong>

> Could it be that not all of us are Christians? I'm not.

Well, we had another Christian on the old OOo lists who complained that
Christmas had solely pagan roots, but nothing to do with worshiping
Jesus, hence he felt badly offended. For some this season seems to be
about dogma rather than peace.