incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Shane Curcuru <>
Subject Re: IP Clearance Milestone
Date Sat, 24 Dec 2011 00:41:34 GMT

On 2011-12-23 5:13 PM, Louis Suárez-Potts wrote:
> Juergen, et al., We used to have on Ye Olde a pr@ list charged with
> drafting and then sending out, first in En, then in other tongues
> announcements related to OOo releases, etc.
> Apache of course maintains its own PR machinery.
> So, obvious question: What is the logistic to coordinate or to work
> with the Apache release PR, should we want to do that?

One might look in the obvious place:

However please realize that as a podling, you do not necessarily get the
same level of support as a top level Apache project, and similarly the
Apache Incubator has some restrictions on the formal types of press
activities a podling can normally do.

But I have and idea.  Why not make a blog post, and then use the new
announce list (and various social media channels) to tell this story?

- Shane

> Louis

View raw message