incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Raphael Bircher <r.birc...@gmx.ch>
Subject Re: About Team OpenOffice.org
Date Fri, 23 Dec 2011 19:13:57 GMT
Am 23.12.11 20:00, schrieb Armin Le Grand:
>     Hi Götz,
>
> On 23.12.2011 19:37, Götz Wohlberg wrote:
>> Hi Pedro,
>>
> [..]
>>
>> (2) Finding service customers at this point in time is also not
>> promising as AOO 3.4 is not out yet.
>
> Why don't you just help doing that? Waiting for it will not make it
> happen earlier. It would show the world that you have an active roll
> in OpenOffice development, also to your possible customers. It's also
> a goal of your organization, isn't it?
I think you can easy say that, if you get your Money from IBM. I think,
Team OOo has to focus there work on that, wath the money come from. And
if costumers request a 3.3.1 then they request a 3.3.1, Then they won't
hear: "But we working on 3.4." So that's probabily a different
situation. End doing Business with the Core development of OOo is maybe
one of the hardest jobs you can do. SUN fail, Oracle fail, so this guys
has a load of courage.

Greetings Raphael