incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From TJ Frazier <tjfraz...@cfl.rr.com>
Subject Re: [WWW] Changeover is Close - Final Tasks!
Date Thu, 22 Dec 2011 12:24:13 GMT
On 12/22/2011 03:27, Dave Fisher wrote:
> Exactly. It doesn't exist on Apache Infra. It's Kenai.  What do we do? Do we care? I
don't. Who will change the site and how? Should it be before the migration or after?

> Regards,
> Dave

*I* care! As owner/moderator of a pair of the old lists, I use that page
daily. SYMPA has problems, which I haven't bothered to complain about –
who cares? SYMPA and Kenai are going away – but I can compensate by
moderating from that page.

The need for that page is certainly temporary, until the old site, and
the old lists, go away. In the meantime, I would certainly appreciate it
if you can arrange to maintain access thereto.

/tj/

> On Dec 22, 2011, at 12:17 AM, Dennis E. Hamilton wrote:
>
>> I don't see any ooo-site/trunk/content/projects/www/lists at all.
>>
>> I am at a loss to know how I might be helpful in that respect.
>>
>> It looks like dynamically-generated content when I go to<http://openoffice.org/projects/www/lists>.
 The display is different depending on whether I am logged-in or not and when I am logged-in
the display is different for lists I am subscribed to than ones that I am not subscribed to.

>> - Dennis

before migration. There are several last issues for people to review.

>>> (1) What news stories should we have on ooo-site.apache.org ready for migration
on /index.html?

>>> (2) /mail_lists.html needs review and/or redirection to the podling site. Please
help.

>>> The email subscribes, unsubscribes and links have been updated for:
>>>
>>> ooo-users		for user@oo.o
>>> ooo-dev			for dev@*oo.o and discuss@oo.o
>>> ooo-announce 	for announce@oo.o
>>> ooo-marketing	for dev@marketing.oo.o
>>> ooo-utenti		for utenti@oo.o (is this correct? it should be ooo-utenti-il...)
>>>
>>> <orcmid>
>>>   It is ooo-utenti-it (-il is a different language/country [;<)
>>> </orcmid>
>>>
>>> Other @openoffice.org addresses will continue to function. That is a different
migration for another discussion.

>>> <orcmid>
>>> There are web pages for managing lists @ openoffice.org over the web.
>>> See, for example,<  http://openoffice.org/projects/www/lists>.
>>> Will these go up in smoke with the cut-over or what?
>>
>> Yes. Managing lists certainly differs, it is Apache. I spent no time adjusting /mail_lists.html,
I am asking for someone else to JFDI. Is that you? I'll certainly help you tomorrow.