incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andre Fischer <an...@a-w-f.de>
Subject ld: gold vs bfd
Date Wed, 21 Dec 2011 16:50:39 GMT
Hi all,

I ran into a problem with a Linux build.  On Ubuntu (both 32bit and
64bit) linking of comphelper failed
with a lot of unresolved references.  With the help of Herbert I could
solve this by using a different linker.
Instead of ld.bfd I used ld.gold and could build comphelper and the rest
of OpenOffice.

On Fedora this seems to work out of the box.

I am now working on CoinMP (the lp_solve replacement).  It builds
without problems on Windows and
Mac but has linker errors on Linux.  Eventually I found that going back
to ld.bfd solved this problem.

Has anybody else experienced problems with the linker?

Does anybody on this list have a deeper understanding of the Linux
linkers and can explain
what is going on and how to better solve it?

Any help is much appreciated.

Andre