incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Marcus (OOo)" <marcus.m...@wtnet.de>
Subject Re: [CODE] Replace buildid by svn revision, and fix broken --with-build-version
Date Wed, 21 Dec 2011 00:50:18 GMT
Of course a build number is very useful to identify builds which look
equal at first view (e.g., same version number, same release date,
whatever). And I like the short one that we have used for years.

However, I also know that it is nowadays common just to use the revision
number from the used code repository.

So, if we all agree to use this instead of the old build numbers, then I
would suggest to add "svn" to the string to make it clear where the
number comes from:

(Build:svn-1234567890)

or more patch-like (yes, I know it's far away from been correct ;-) ):

-RSCREVISION=340m1(Build:$(BUILD_REVISION))
+RSCREVISION=340m1(Build:svn-$(BUILD_REVISION))

Furthermore, it's great to have a detailed timestamp in the About
dialog. That will simplify the work of QA and support to identify which
version exactly the users have problems with.

So, thanks Ariel for your initiative to drive this change.

Marcus