incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Mathias Bauer <Mathias_Ba...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: Help! JunitTest_framework_unoapi.mk:28: *** Malformed target-specific variable definition. Stop.
Date Mon, 19 Dec 2011 22:38:28 GMT
On 19.12.2011 23:23, Andrew Rist wrote:

> On 12/16/2011 9:24 AM, Mathias Bauer wrote:
>> On 16.12.2011 03:43, Zhe Liu wrote:
>>> Hi All,
>>> I always break because of the error when build on Windows XP. I
>>> mentioned before, nobody responsed on it. I did a little search and
>>> found someone also encountered the problem. I still have no clue how
>>> to resolve it.
>>>
>>> JunitTest_framework_unoapi.mk:28: *** Malformed target-specific
>>> variable definition. Stop.
>>>
>>> To continue my build, I have to remove the lines related to Junitest.
>>> There are several module with the same error. It's annoying to
>>> workaround them all. Could anybody help me?
>>>
>>> Thanks.
>>>

>> What version of GNU Make do you use? 3.82 has a bug that let GNU Make
>> spit out this error even if the variable definition is OK (and is
>> parsed without problems by 3.81).
> I have run into this issue also on Win7. Cygwin has a current version of
> 3.82.90 (thus hitting 3.82 'bug').
> What is the best way to deal with this? Is this something that is
> considered a bug by gmake, or is this a regression that will continue?
> (it involves 'make -r' not working correctly and I guess does look like
> a regression - not a new feature)
> If we can move to a new syntax, without breaking any other platforms,
> but also using current Cygwin packages - would that would be the best
> solution?
>
> For now I will switch the instructions for the buildbot, call out the
> use of make 3.81-2 (which is also available in current Cygwin).
> At this point, this seems to be a solution for the build.

I reported the problem to cygwin several months ago:

See also

http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Build_Environment_Effort/Status_And_Next_Steps

At the end of the page you can see my instructions to build a custom
version of make. This gave me the best make on cygwin so far.

This page mentions a performance bug in make 3.82 that we also found on
cygwin. It's possible that this was a problem of the HEAD version at
that time.

Regards,
Mathias