incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Rist <andrew.r...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: Help! JunitTest_framework_unoapi.mk:28: *** Malformed target-specific variable definition. Stop.
Date Mon, 19 Dec 2011 22:23:01 GMT

On 12/16/2011 9:24 AM, Mathias Bauer wrote:
> On 16.12.2011 03:43, Zhe Liu wrote:
>> Hi All,
>> I always break because of the error when build on Windows XP. I
>> mentioned before, nobody responsed on it.  I did a little search and
>> found someone also encountered the problem.  I still have no clue how
>> to resolve it.
>>
>> JunitTest_framework_unoapi.mk:28: *** Malformed target-specific
>> variable definition.  Stop.
>>
>> To continue my build, I have to remove the lines related to Junitest.
>> There are several module with the same error. It's annoying to
>> workaround them all.   Could anybody help me?
>>
>> Thanks.
>>

> What version of GNU Make do you use? 3.82 has a bug that let GNU Make
> spit out this error even if the variable definition is OK (and is
> parsed without problems by 3.81).
I have run into this issue also on Win7.  Cygwin has a current version
of 3.82.90  (thus hitting 3.82 'bug').
What is the best way to deal with this?  Is this something that is
considered a bug by gmake, or is this a regression that will continue?
(it involves 'make -r' not working correctly and I guess does look like
a regression - not a new feature)
If we can move to a new syntax, without breaking any other platforms,
but also using current Cygwin packages - would that would be the best
solution?

For now I will switch the instructions for the buildbot, call out the
use of make 3.81-2 (which is also available in current Cygwin).
At this point, this seems to be a solution for the build.

Andrew