incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Dwayne Bailey <dwa...@translate.org.za>
Subject Re: Pootle (was Re: About the Former Native Language projects)
Date Mon, 19 Dec 2011 05:39:02 GMT

On 2011-12-16 07:07, Dave Fisher wrote:

> [...]
it needs access to the server to evaluate. And no I doubt any of us are commiters.
> I'm sure there will be a way that you can contribute.
>
>>> In fact I Do have a question for you, is it possible to get the current OOo
>>> translations
>>> migrated over into this instance or would it be too much work ? (and without
>>> affecting the other projects or our configuration.)
>> Not sure I understand what you mean. If you mean pulled off the old server and onto
the new I don't know if that server even exists, we don't have access to it anymore.

>> One change I would recommend is to have PO files stored in SVN and make creation
of SDF files a build time event.

>> My biggest concern as a localiser would be the sharing of translation resources between
LibO and AOO.
> I can only guess, please explain your concerns.
Small teams, small number of people wanting to make sure that OOo in
whatever form is localised.  The strings are almost 100% the same, at
the moment, between AOO and LibO.  So how to share resource between the two.

I don't want to waste people time translating the same thing twice. I
also want to make sure that the translations are consistent no matter
where it was translated, so sharing for consistency is important to me.

So the one issue is logistics of doing this, the other is the licensing
concern.

--
regards
Dwayne