incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Guenter Marxen <guenter.mar...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: A timeline for an Apache OO release
Date Sun, 18 Dec 2011 14:43:01 GMT

Am 18.12.2011 01:06, schrieb Jean Weber:
> On 18/12/2011, at 7:58, Rob Weir<robweir@apache.org>  wrote:
>
>> The user is free to pick another directory at install time, right?  So
>> they can make the choice that works best for them.
>

> My (often faulty) memory of recent OOo installs on Windows is that I was
  not offered a choice of directory when using a standard (default)
install.
  If you knew how (custom install), you could do it, but most users
don't know
  that, and many have no clue which might work best for them because
they don't
  know the potential consequences of their choices.

> --Jean

Even with custom install and choosing another directory under Windows,
OOo 3.x uninstalled the older version.

Only installing with parameter -a (setup.exe -a) preserved the older
version with full Windows-integration. Then the new version was not
integrated.

--

G√ľnter M.