incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Shane Curcuru <...@shanecurcuru.org>
Subject Re: Cleanup of Docs section of OOo wiki?
Date Sun, 18 Dec 2011 13:20:21 GMT
On 2011-12-18 7:01 AM, Jean Weber wrote:
...snip...
> Just checking: when editing am I supposed to be in the raw HTML? (This
> isn't a problem; I actually prefer to edit in the code. I'm just
> checking that I'm not missing something.)

It depends.  When editing, you'll be editing the checked-in source that
generates that particular page.

In some cases, this is HTML, because that's what we have checked in.  In
other cases, it will be .mdtext, or Markdown syntax, because that's
what's checked in (and is auto-converted into HTML by the build process
underneath the CMS system).

Best overall ref:
http://www.apache.org/dev/cmsref.html

But note: Dave and many others have done a huge amount of work with the
ooo-site build, which uses a variety of different formats and builders
to make the site work.

- Shane