incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Marcus (OOo)" <marcus.m...@wtnet.de>
Subject Re: A timeline for an Apache OO release
Date Sun, 18 Dec 2011 00:54:44 GMT
Am 12/18/2011 01:08 AM, schrieb Jean Weber:
> On 18/12/2011, at 9:56, "Allen Pulsifer"<apulsifer@apache.org>  wrote:
>
>>> "The Apache OpenOffice (incubating) project has tentatively identified the
>> first quarter of 2012 for a Version 3.4 release."
>>
>> I think I would prefer Apache OpenOffice v1.0
>>

> That would totally confuse most of the current users of OOo, I think. --Jean

+1

This would indeed lead to confusion which is not necessary. We have many
new things like Apache as new home. But the code is the same (even when
we have to cleanup and rearrange some things), so the version numbering
should remain. It shows a continuity of the weill-established software
and not a new thing that appears from nowhere.

Marcus