incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Marcus (OOo)" <marcus.m...@wtnet.de>
Subject Re: How many languages will Apache OpenOffice support?
Date Sat, 17 Dec 2011 00:44:12 GMT
Am 12/17/2011 12:52 AM, schrieb Dennis E. Hamilton:
> Concerning what was provided with OOo-dev 3.4.0:
>
> I think the last stable release is more interesting:
> <http://download.openoffice.org/other.html>.

Ahm, no. With 3.4 we have a new feature release. New implementations and
therefore new localizations that differ from previous versions.

So, the new base should be the localizations for 3.4.

> Since the front page at openoffice.org has changed, I can't find the OOo-dev
> download page any longer, although the release notes are still there:
> <http://development.openoffice.org/releases/3.4beta.html>.
>
> OH WAIT.  Here:<http://download.openoffice.org/all_beta.html>.  That was
> tricky to find.

Just (still) browse to the central download page to find all kinds of
builds; also the latest developer snapshot from DEV300 codeline:

http://download.openoffice.org

Or even better:

http://ooo-site.apache.org/download/

Honestly, I don't think that it's tricky, isn't it?

> So, the only full OOo-dev 3.4.0 install is for English.  There are individual
> platform-separate "Langpack" downloads for support of each of the other
> languages.

Yes, we (at Orcle) were a bit lazy and saved all the other full install
sets as it's "just" a beta version. The target audience are most
technical oriented people, so it should be OK. Another reason was the
limited space on the mirrors. OOo 3.3.0 was ~80 GB. So, another 80 GB
wouldn't be good.

Marcus