incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Marcus (OOo)" <marcus.m...@wtnet.de>
Subject Re: How many languages will Apache OpenOffice support?
Date Fri, 16 Dec 2011 20:44:18 GMT
Am 12/16/2011 02:51 PM, schrieb Rob Weir:
> On Fri, Dec 16, 2011 at 8:32 AM, Kazunari Hirano<khirano@gmail.com>  wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Native+Language+Projects
>>
>> How many languages will we support?
>> How many platforms will we support?
>
> What was the state of the translations in the OpenOffice.org 3.4 beta?
>    That is our starting point.  I don't think we've added many new UI
> strings (if any), so that is very close to our state now.

http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/OOoRelease34

We were in the middle of localization of the OOo 3.4 Beta as Oracle has
published its decision. So, the 3.4 Beta has an undefined state of
localization.

When we have no chance to get the PO files fro mthis state, then we have
to do some work again.

Marcus