incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <and...@pescetti.it>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Setup of ooo-users-it and ooo-project-it mailing lists
Date Fri, 16 Dec 2011 00:57:34 GMT
On 11/12/2011 Andrea Pescetti wrote:
> For the time being, we would map the existing (12) Italian lists to
> - A support list, ...
> - A project list, ...
> If there are no objections to the above proposal within 72 hours, I will
> invoke Lazy Consensus and will create a JIRA issue.

In the end I see consensus was not reached, unfortunately.

So I kept only the uncontroversial part of my original request (nobody
objected to create one list, which seems still better than zero
especially given the recent problems with the Oracle infrastructure) and
I asked for creation of one list only:

This means we will (for the time being!) only proceed to half of the
planned migration, focusing on migrating three existing user-focused
lists to that one. Migration of the other lists will be kept pending; at
this moment the "project" list wouldn't be used anyway, since we have no
localized builds to test and no translation work to do; all options
remain open, inside and outside Apache, and I'm confident we will soon
be able to evaluate properly what the best solution would be.

Regards,
   Andrea.