incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andre Fischer ...@a-w-f.de>
Subject Re: Configure and category B
Date Thu, 15 Dec 2011 17:49:16 GMT
On 15.12.2011 16:37, Pedro Giffuni wrote:
> Hi;
>
> --- Gio 15/12/11, Rob Weir<robweir@apache.org>  ha scritto:
>>
>> This is a good start, and thanks, Pedro, for reaching out
>> to them.
>> But we'll need more than a private email to make this
>> suitable for inclusion in default source releases.
>>

> I am aware of this.
>
> I just brought the matter here because we should be
> planning to update the bsh tarball and it's corresponding
> patch to the latest version so that we don't have
> unexpected surprises later on.

Is I said earlier, as soon as the code is officially under Apache
license, I will do the necessary changes, which will not be much work.

> While here:
>
> The patch for beanshell and others, carries a Makefile
> with an LGPL header: these should all be updated.
>
> In ucpp we are using already an AL2 header: perhaps
> I am naive but we should probably not use any license
> headers for files in patches and assume they are under
> the same license as the upstream code.

Hm, both patches do the same thing: create a new file (makefile.mk), not
modify a previously existing file.  For a newly created patch it
naturally has a AL2 license.  For an older patch I would expect that to
be part of the SGA which would allow us to change its license.

-Andre