incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From MiguelAngel <mari...@miguelangel.mobi>
Subject Re: old colored vs new monochrome icons
Date Wed, 14 Dec 2011 17:30:11 GMT
El 14/12/11 16:52, Rob Weir escribió:
> On Wed, Dec 14, 2011 at 9:39 AM, Gianluca Turconi
> <public@letturefantastiche.com>  wrote:
>> Il giorno Wed, 14 Dec 2011 09:26:02 -0500
>> Rob Weir<robweir@apache.org>  ha scritto:
>>
>>> The problem is a hard-to-change default is a control issue.  And all
>>> control issues are ultimately political.  I'm suggesting that we turn
>>> this into a trivial technical issue and let the user choose, rather
>>> than you and me.
>>
>> I understand your point. Then a double-way solution should be
>> implemented:
>>
>> a) short term solution (for which Pedro volunteered): bring back some
>> color in AOO icons;
>>
>> b) medium term solution: a skinable AOO
>>

> That sounds like a good plan.
>
> Btw, have you ever listened to this TED talk?
>
> http://www.ted.com/talks/malcolm_gladwell_on_spaghetti_sauce.html
>
> Although it is mainly about spaghetti sauce, I think we can look at UI
> choices in a similar way.
>
> -Rob
>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Gianluca
>> --
>> Lettura gratuita o acquisto di libri e racconti di fantascienza,
>> fantasy, horror, noir, narrativa fantastica e tradizionale:
>> http://www.letturefantastiche.com/

There is a long thread in the forum about this.
http://user.services.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=31462&hilit=tommy&start=90

If I'm not wrong, it is about 12 icons in the splash screen.

I have never understand why this thing it's so important for a few folks.

And if it was so crucial for them, more difficult understand, why they
haven't contributed with a new icons to the proyect. I think it is in
their hands do it, someone with interest can do a few icons.

Miguel Ángel.

  * Inglés - detectado
  * Inglés
  * Español