incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andre Fischer ...@a-w-f.de>
Subject Re: old colored vs new monochrome icons
Date Wed, 14 Dec 2011 14:40:39 GMT
On 14.12.2011 15:17, Gianluca Turconi wrote:
> Il giorno Wed, 14 Dec 2011 09:10:10 -0500
> Rob Weir<robweir@apache.org>  ha scritto:
>
>> Yes, but the average user doesn't complain about the icon set on
>> mailing lists.
>
> There were *many* complaints on blogs, fori, usenet groups *and* mailing
> lists.
>
> As long as I can remember, there were more complaints only against the
> Renaissance project and the Ribbon-like GUI.

I have painful memories of that.  A good example of a hysterical thread
that was not really based on facts.  I am one of the developers of that
UI prototype and know that there was never any intention of doing
anything similar to ribbons.  I also did not look like ribbons.  But at
one point somebody used the word "ribbon" and from that point on the
discussion went out of control.

Something that we should not repeat.

-Andre