incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Bauer <f...@akerbeltz.org>
Subject Re: Lost localisation files?
Date Wed, 14 Dec 2011 11:59:05 GMT
> So, if you are searching for the latest strings to translate and know
> how to handle SDF files, then you have here the most recent information.
>
> HTH
>
> Marcus

Ok, I realise this is still in migration but I'd like to raise this
point right now.

Overall, you rarely find people who are good at code who are also good
translators and vice versa. Therefore relying on a localization setup
that requires you to be able to read a Levelr 36 Scroll of Unix is a
great way of keeping out people who are good at translation but bad at
code. Like me. If one doesn't want end-users grumbling about shoddy
translation, then one needs more good translators, which means not
having obstacles like this. Cause I'm passing at what an SDF is... I'm
sure that some lovely line of code that begins with $ but I don't know
of it.

I'm not in a hurry so I'll wait for Pootle to come online but at a
philosophical level, the l10n side of AOO should bear that sort of thing
in mind.

Cheers

Michael