incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Marcus (OOo)" <marcus.m...@wtnet.de>
Subject Re: Lost localisation files?
Date Tue, 13 Dec 2011 22:58:21 GMT
Am 12/13/2011 01:33 PM, schrieb Rob Weir:
> On Tue, Dec 13, 2011 at 6:59 AM, Ross Gardler
> <rgardler@opendirective.com>  wrote:
>> Michael Bauer said, in another thread:
>>
>>> - As a matter of urgency, some simple download site where locales that got
>>> stuck when OO Pootle went down can get their po files.
>>
>> Are these really lost or did we get them in the code transfer?
>>

> The localization files were stored in a separate Mercurial repository
> in the legacy project, not with the source code. When we migrated the
> source to Apache we put these into a the ooo/extras/i10n directory.
>
> You can see all the languages here:
>
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/ooo/trunk/extras/l10n/source/
>
> And in particular, Gaelic:
>
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/ooo/trunk/extras/l10n/source/ga/localize.sdf
>
> Now it is possible that we're missing Pootle-specific files or
> databases for translation memory, etc.  If it wasn't checked into
> version control, then we probably don't have it.  But it looks like we
> have the actual translations.

As an addition:

There is a SDF file available from the OOO340 codeline that represents
the 3.4 Beta codeline (therefore it's the very latest and greatest; this
codeline found its ways to the Apache SVN repository):

http://ftp5.gwdg.de/pub/openoffice/extended/ooomisc/sdf/diff/

http://ftp5.gwdg.de/pub/openoffice/extended/ooomisc/sdf/diff/OOO340_m0.sdf.bz2

So, if you are searching for the latest strings to translate and know
how to handle SDF files, then you have here the most recent information.

HTH

Marcus