incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Claudio F Filho <filh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: About the Former Native Language projects
Date Tue, 13 Dec 2011 22:47:51 GMT
Hi

On 12-12-2011 13:53, Rob Weir wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 12, 2011 at 9:05 AM, Claudio F Filho <filhocf@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I think that more that the license issue, we have a lot of people
>> unhappy with the way that LibO is following, the same people that was
>> part of NL and chose in go to LibO believing in a thing and finding
>> other, so, i think that  really have people interested in help here, but
>> with this posture of Apache are lost, without idea where help. Maybe is
>> time to consider better this position and find a place for this work's
>> force.
>
> Hi Claudio, what do you mean by "this posture of Apache"?  I hope
> there is a simple misunderstanding we can clear up.

This is a general vision of many people, and i can talk about the old
brazilian volunteers, that are following this list.

And more, after a campaign here, in Brazil, about the lack of code's
participation, was widespread the idea of "is better don't help".

Out of this second topic, that is a local problem, we saw this "code's
profile" as preference and without a place for other things.

Now, with Louis bringing this questions for discussion, i believe that
can be a mistake/misunderstand from us. And this thread clarifys for
other people that could have the same vision.

Best regards,
Claudio