incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Dwayne Bailey <dwa...@translate.org.za>
Subject Pootle (was Re: About the Former Native Language projects)
Date Tue, 13 Dec 2011 14:27:05 GMT

Hi,

Sorry this will appear out-of-thread as I've only just subscribed.

First, congratulations on setting up the Pootle server.  As a South
African OOo localiser and a Pootle developer this is great news.

As Khirano said "It takes quite a bit of skill to set up the pootle
server for OpenOffice.org use."

For the record, the last OOo Pootle server was setup by the organisation
that develops Pootle - Translate.org.za (I work for them).  We did this
with an engagement with Oracle and it allowed us to optimise the server
as well as change code to increase performance.  So an engagement that
benefited all Pootle users.  I had hoped that that server would make it
to Apache, but it seems not.

 From the look of it Apache might be using this server for more then
just OOo which I love even more.  I'm not sure where to ask this but
does Apache, or one of the corporate backers, want to engage with
Translate to setup and maintain this server?  Sorry to sound like a
salesman on this list but not sure where else I would ask this question.

--
regards
Dwayne