incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From TJ Frazier <tjfraz...@cfl.rr.com>
Subject Re: Build AOO on Ubuntu
Date Mon, 12 Dec 2011 14:11:25 GMT
On 12/12/2011 07:24, Raphael Bircher wrote:
> Am 12.12.11 13:06, schrieb Andre Fischer:

>>> Please, folks, add a little more detail? When you say you "can not edit"
>>> a page, are you getting an error message from the wiki? Or, are you not
>>> seeing your changes, after you save your edit?
>>
>> I do not see the edit button. The page does not show me as logged in,
>> but when I navigate to other pages, I am logged in. It appears like I
>> were switching between servers, logged in on one, not logged in on the
>> other.

I think what's happening is that the last user to look at that page
wasn't logged in, so that's the (stale) cached image you are seeing. The
cgi magic should work here; please try it.

>>> If your changes are not showing, try a little cgi magic: add
>>> ".cgi&purge=1" to the end of the URL in your browser bar, and go there.
>>> The problem is with the caching by Apache Traffic Server (ATS), and the
>>> purge directive will fix it for the moment. Also, if you just wait a
>>> while (how long? I don't know), the cache will update by itself.

> Yes, ATS plays sametimes bad boy. Sametimes it helps to click on the
> Login/Logout link. Then you can login again.

Yes, anything that persuades the wiki and/or ATS to clear the cached
page will work.
P.s.: Thanks for blocking those spammers. More later.
/tj/