incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@openoffice.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Setup of ooo-users-it and ooo-project-it mailing lists
Date Sun, 11 Dec 2011 20:36:57 GMT
On 11/12/2011 Rob Weir wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 11, 2011 at 11:33 AM, Dave Fisher<...>  wrote:
>> The consistency is as follows:
>> (1) MLs have this form: ooo-*@incubator.a.o
>> (2) NL MLs have the form: ooo-*-<nl-code>@i.a.o
>> (3) Apache convention is about the main list being ooo-dev@a.i.o. I've seen nothing
to suggest it has to apply to every NL.
>> (4) ML names have to be valid for Apache Infra and not profane or otherwise problematic.
>> I think we have to follow each NL's understanding of their own language.
> OK.  That's a good argument.  Maybe they would even want ooo-foo-it,
> where foo is something in Italian.  That would be reasoable,

Thanks for the explanations. We'll then settle for
ooo-utenti-it@i.a.o          (means "users")
ooo-progetto-it@i.a.o        (means "project")
since this closely maps to the terminology we use now: our users list is
called "utenti", for example.

Of course, we are available to rediscuss names at graduation time if
different patterns emerge by then.

Regards,
   Andrea.