incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Setup of ooo-users-it and ooo-project-it mailing lists
Date Sun, 11 Dec 2011 15:26:38 GMT
Il 11/12/2011 Rob Weir wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 11, 2011 at 9:55 AM, Andrea Pescetti <...>  wrote:
>> - A support list, named ooo-users-it at
>> - A project list, named ooo-project-it at
> I wonder if ooo-general-it.i.a.o might be possible, instead of
> ooo-project-it.i.a.o?

It would be possible but suboptimal, as "general" is not "general" for
us, since most people will want to subscribe to "users" and the
"project" list would be "specific" (i.e., for volunteers) and not
"general". This is why I wrote:

>> I propose to ... use "ooo-project-it" instead of "ooo-general-it"
>> since it is much easier to understand for us.

Then we could revise the names at graduation time; it might well be that
the Japanese list is renamed too.

Anyway it's clear that neither of ooo-general-it and ooo-project-it
would be a final list name, since the "ooo" acronym will much likely
disappear upon graduation. I was merely trying to get names a bit more
in the right direction.

If ooo-project-it is not OK, settling on ooo-general-it will surely be
better than leaving several hundreds people waiting for a solution.

View raw message