incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@openoffice.org>
Subject [PROPOSAL] Setup of ooo-users-it and ooo-project-it mailing lists
Date Sun, 11 Dec 2011 14:55:21 GMT
The Italian OpenOffice.org community relies on mailing lists (some with
several hundreds subscribers) for user support, discussions and project
coordination. While these are a legacy asset, I see it necessary that
Apache OpenOffice provides a replacement for these lists as part of the
infrastructure migration. Depending on the situation on Oracle servers,
we might start using the new lists gradually or immediately.

For the time being, we would map the existing (12) Italian lists to
- A support list, named ooo-users-it at incubator.apache.org
- A project list, named ooo-project-it at incubator.apache.org

We will revise the list names when the project graduates; for the time
being, I propose to use the "ooo" prefix for continuity and consistency
with the existing lists, and to use "ooo-project-it" instead of
"ooo-general-it" since it is much easier to understand for us.

The three moderators of the Italian OpenOffice.org lists are available
to continue their tasks in the new infrastructure:
- Davide Dozza
- Andrea Pescetti
- Paolo Pozzan

If there are no objections to the above proposal within 72 hours, I will
invoke Lazy Consensus and will create a JIRA issue.

Regards,
   Andrea.