incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Oliver-Rainer Wittmann <>
Subject Re: replace and removal of Berkeley DB
Date Fri, 09 Dec 2011 12:52:57 GMT

On 09.12.2011 13:25, TJ Frazier wrote:
> On 12/9/2011 06:42, Herbert Duerr wrote:
>>> You might want to test with the LilyPond extension
>>> (OOoLilyPond-0.4.0.oxt), available on the extensions site. (As
>>> background, think of it as the Math Engine, for writing music.) The
>>> extension downloads and installs fine, but has problems with the update
>>> check.
>> Using LilyPond as a test case is a good idea, thanks!
>>> Under 3.4Beta, the "every time" check doesn't happen (somebody fixed
>>> it?). However, I get a crash when I try to check for updates.
>> That crash is not related to the work on replacing the berkeleydb based
>> extension manager,
> Surely not, since I'm running OO.o builds, with berleleydb still there.
> but on the ongoing process of replacing neon with
>> something different.
> Was OO.o trying to replace neon as far back as 3.4Beta? If so, you're probably
> right. Otherwise, we may have two crashes.

No, OOo 3.4 Beta still contains neon.

I can reproduce the crash running OOo 3.4 Beta (OOO340m0) here on my Windows 7
system with the LilyPond extension.
Thus, we have two crashes here:
- One related to the LilyPond extension
- One related to the neon not being available in AOO builds if
--disable-copyleft configure option is used for the build.

Best regards, Oliver.

View raw message