incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From TJ Frazier <tjfraz...@cfl.rr.com>
Subject Re: replace and removal of Berkeley DB
Date Fri, 09 Dec 2011 10:59:14 GMT
On 12/9/2011 05:12, Oliver-Rainer Wittmann wrote:
> Hi Eric,
>
> On 09.12.2011 10:16, eric b wrote:
>> Hi Oliver,
>>
>> Le 9 déc. 11 à 10:08, Oliver-Rainer Wittmann a écrit :
>>
>>> Hi Eric,
>>>
>>> thanks for the feedback.
>>>
>>> You are right and I forgot to mention it:
>>> - The installed extensions using a user configuration of a former
>>> installation
>>> will not work as the data files for the extension management as changed.
>>> Thus, I am proposing not to reuse a former user configuration.
>>>
>>> Which 'form at first launch' do you mean?
>>
>> Sorry, my bad english striked again ... :/
>>
> No problem - I am also no native English speaker.
>
>> Only once, at first OpenOffice.org launch, there was a window asking :
>> do you
>> want to register ... add your personnal info and so on.
>>
>> But maybe this is no longer required, means OpenOffice.org starts
>> immediately now ?
>>

> Ok.
> The registeration dialog has been removed some time ago.
>
> The dialog for name and organization pops up when I am installing the
> Windows version.
>
> Best regards, Oliver.

You might want to test with the LilyPond extension
(OOoLilyPond-0.4.0.oxt), available on the extensions site. (As
background, think of it as the Math Engine, for writing music.) The
extension downloads and installs fine, but has problems with the update
check.

Under v3.3, whenever I start a new document (running without
Quickstarter, and no other document open), I see an "Update available"
message from the extension manager. (This may be a major part of the
problem with overloading the extensions site.) However, when I follow
the message and check for updates, I get an error, "XML file not found!".

Under 3.4Beta, the "every time" check doesn't happen (somebody fixed
it?). However, I get a crash when I try to check for updates.

HTH,

--
/tj/