incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andre Fischer ...@a-w-f.de>
Subject Configure and category B
Date Fri, 09 Dec 2011 09:46:42 GMT
Hi all,

We are making good progress with removing category X licensed code (see
[1]).  On [2], first table, you can see, that most issues have been
resolved, the remaining ones are being worked on.

Therefore I will turn my attention to handling the category B (see [3])
code.  It is now part of the SVN repository and can be found as archives
in the top-level ext_sources/ directory.

As far as I understand it, the category B code will not be part of a
source release.  It has to be checked out from SVN.  The configure (.in)
script has to be cleaned up so that category B code is not built by
default but can be activated with a single switch, similar to the
current --enable-copyleft switch.

Does anybody have an idea for a name for the new switch better than
--enable-category-b ?

Best regards,
Andre

[1] http://www.apache.org/legal/3party.html#category-x