incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Oliver-Rainer Wittmann <orwittm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: replace and removal of Berkeley DB
Date Fri, 09 Dec 2011 08:56:13 GMT
Hi Uwe,

thanks for the input.

During the investigation I have figured out that during the build certain data
files are prepared/created for the help system in module helpcontent2. The build
process uses a tool which has been created in module l10ntools - namely
HelpLinker.exe. But, the code which would create a Berkeley DB data file in this
tool is (was as I have remove it) no longer active - it was 'dead' by a certain
define.
In a try I activated this 'dead' code. But then in the resulting installation
the search in the help system - pane 'Find' - does not work anymore.
Thus, my findings are that may be in the past Berkeley DB data files are created
during the build from the help content input files, but this is no longer the
case nowadays.

I am more or less sure that I did not miss any other use case - but who is 100%
perfect.
Did you know a scenario where may be former created Berkeley DB data files for
the help system are used in a newly made installation?

Best regards, Oliver.