incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andre Fischer ...@a-w-f.de>
Subject Re: Build AOO on Ubuntu
Date Fri, 09 Dec 2011 08:30:01 GMT
Hi,

On 09.12.2011 08:33, eric b wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Le 9 déc. 11 à 08:19, linyi li a écrit :
>
>> I downloaded source code from svn recently(by svn co
>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/ooo/trunk ooo), and T want to
>> build on Ubuntu followed the guide
>> http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Building_Guide/Building_on_Linux
>>
>> .
>>
>> But there is problem. After configure, I want to run"./bootstrap". But
>> I can not find bootstrap.
>

> bootstrap is no longer needed. The reason is that bootstrap role is to
> build dmake.

That is not quite true.  bootstrap has the following tasks:

- Download missing tar-balls (by calling the fetch_tarballs.sh) script.
Now that ext_sources is part of the SVN repository they are only
downloaded when ext_sources was not checked out.
Additionally the source code for dmake and epm are downloaded.

- Build dmake when no pre-build version is found.

- Fix access rights for some scripts (like solenv/bin/build.pl)

So, it still has to be run.  It is created by configure and can be found
in main/, right next to configure.  If it is not there then probably
configure exited with an error.

> Because of the IP clearance, it has been decided to remove dmake and to
> use the system one instead. If configure succeed for you, things should
> be ok for you, and the only thing you have to do is
>
> source LinuxX86.... .sh
> dmake
>
> And the build should start as expected !

When all prerequisites are fullfilled then these commands are necessary
to build OpenOffice:

cd <dir>/main
autoconf
./configure <options of your choice>
./bootstrap
source Linux<platform-id>.set.sh
cd instsetoo_native
build --all

Here <dir> is the directory where the SVN source code was checked out to.

Call ./configure --help to see what options are available for inclusion
into <options of your choice>.  --with-dmake-url= is a good candidate.

<platform-id> depends, well, on your platform.  There should be only two
files starting with Linux.  Use the one that ends in .sh when you use
bash, use the other one for csh.

Best regards,
Andre