incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@openoffice.org>
Subject Re: (Draft) Email forwarding public announcement
Date Thu, 08 Dec 2011 22:02:12 GMT
On 30/11/2011 Rob Weir wrote:
> Some specific points that could use more detail include project
> services (lists, wikis, Bugzilla, etc.) that would be very commonly
> used with openoffice.org email addresses.  I think I listed them all.
> But can you think of others?

I just checked and I confirm what I wrote some days ago: the Extensions
and Templates sites use single-sign-on with the @openoffice.org
addresses, so only their @openoffice.org e-mail address is available in
the system.

This means that extension publishers can be contacted only through their
@openoffice.org address; the first thing to do in the possible future
clones of the Extensions and Templates site would thus be to disable the
single-sign-on (unfortunately) and send out password reset links before
the @openoffice.org addresses and the single-sign-on expire, otherwise
extension publishers will lose access to the website.

Regards,
   Andrea.