incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From J├╝rgen Schmidt <jogischm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: OpenOffice nightly
Date Wed, 07 Dec 2011 08:44:06 GMT
On 12/7/11 12:06 AM, Mathias Bauer wrote:
> Am 06.12.2011 21:35, schrieb Ariel Constenla-Haile:
>
>> yes, this looked quit strange, and I didn't notice it was trying to link
>> against salcpprt until I tested a clean build with only one process. It
>> seems building with multi-processes is a bit tricky, because the build
>> tries to go on as far as it can. So you may try to rebuild the broken
>> module after build.pl stops, and it may seem to build find; in this
>> case, sal seems to be build in parallel with that broken module, so you
>> don't notice the dependency.
>
> You perfectly described why we started to work on the new build system
> based on a single process make in the first place. :-)
>
>> So, it does try to link against ucpp.
>> The switch seems to come from solenv/inc/unxlng.mk#226
>>
>> LIBSALCPPRT*=-Wl,--whole-archive -lsalcpprt -Wl,--no-whole-archive
>
> That alone isn't wrong - the question is why is LIBSALCPPRT used as a
> linker input? I can't find that anywhere in the makefile. Perhaps it's
> one of the "clever" automatic dependencies that the old build system
> added at its own will, e.g. the automatic dependency on uwinapi.dll in
> every Windows library that I once removed in a painful procedure.
>
> Instead of adding a dependency on sal I would rather recommend to look
> for the place where this obviously wrong dependency is added. Maybe I
> can find some time in the next days.

i will have a look in it as well when i find the time. I haven't noticed
this problem when i had build and tested it on several platforms
(including Ubuntu). I will try Fedora as well, i am not sure if i had
test it there...

I had first a gnu make file but then i noticed that the patch mimic
isn't ready to use in a gnu make file. Maybe i should have checked in
the source directly because they are license compatible ;-)

Juergen